RunAClub is a management platform providing a range of online tools that make life easier for Clubs leaders and organisers, supporting their success and member engagement and retention.
Run A Club Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The ‘General Data Protection Regulation’ (GDPR) replaces the Data Protection Act as of May 2018. Our Servers are hosted with a UK Company that is fully prepared for this, and we have put into place business procedures and technical capability to ensure we are addressing the requirements of GDPR.
Run A Club Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page periodically to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from June 2017.
Run A Club Ltd is a registered Data Controller: Registration Number: Z3369507
What we collect
- When you register or enter information on our site, we collect this information
- We may combine this information with that of other clubs and organisations for evaluation purposes (see next item).
- We may use information such as your IP address and information stored via cookies, to gather statistics about the number of people who visit our site and potentially share this information with third parties. This supports us improving your online experience.
- Advertisements, marketing links and sponsored content that appear on the RunAClub site may be delivered by our 3rd party partners. RunAClub may transfer information about your use of our platform, such as your IP address and information stored via cookies, to these partners. This information may be used to provide advertising and sponsored information to you. Such activities may also be delivered via, or on behalf of, the organisation/s sponsoring your club or groups use of RunAClub.
- No access to your name or personal contact information stored by RunAClub will be passed to any such 3rd party partners except in agreed circumstances.
- Where a club is attached to one or more organisations or umbrella bodies these organisations/bodies may request access to club members’ personal information for a variety of purposes. RunAClub advise that such organisations ensure they have the agreement of their clubs and groups. We provide access based on that agreement. Otherwise only aggregated and anonymised data will ever be provided by ourselves.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To provide the required services and information
- For internal record keeping and business management
- To assess the effectiveness and impact of Run A Club Ltd to ensure its sustainability and provide funders with essential feedback
- To improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information that we think you may find interesting using the email address you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you by email, phone or mail for market research purposes. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- Data gathered via the club site may be used to gauge the impact, reach and distribution of clubs and help inform our understanding of club provision and usage.
- If your club has been provided with Run A Club Ltd by a Local Authority or other organisation, umbrella body or business, they may also be able to access and use this information similarly. This may vary from organisation to organisation.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect online. Our servers are hosted in the UK by UKFast who meet all current security legislation and guidelines.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide whilst visiting such sites and other sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
If RunAClub in the future enable the potential of direct marketing we will provide a tick box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes if you so wish. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties that we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information that we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Your username and password should only be known to yourself and should not be passed on to anyone. You are responsible for any actions taken in your account. If you believe your account may have been compromised, inform Run A Club Ltd immediately and change your password.
Run A Club Ltd may amend this policy from time to time. Amended terms take effect 30 days after posting. We will notify you of any amendments via the messaging function.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners or licensees of the site.
RunAClub requires cookies in order to operate fully and work effectively with our third party partners and advertisers who place cookies on your computer to serve and target advertisements and communications more effectively.
Most web browsers allow some control of cookies through browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org